BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

NORTHERN IRELAND!!!!

Merry Christmas!

Good day!!!!
I hope this finds each of you doing just well, and enjoying every moment of this Christmas season! I am loving all the Christmas spirit here! Everything is decorated, the town is lit up, the Plaza Mayor is beautifully decorated, and there is lots of hustle and bustle going on...but I love it! Christmas is such a wonderful time of year...so much to celebrate...the birth of Christ, and what Him coming to the world meant...we just had two days off of school, one of them celebrating the Immaculate Conception, must of been absolutely amazing...its a time of family and friends...i love it! and I am so excited to be home...yup, thats a reality now! I am leaving Spain in 9 days!! And headed to Ecuador! and am so excited!!!!!!! But not ready to leave this all behind yet...I love Spain, and all that has gone on here...but I'm not saying goodbye just yet...I have 6 finals...and lots of fun left...so I won't write all my favorite memories yet! :) but you can definitely be praying for my last week and a half, for the work to be done, the goodbyes to be said...the transition...all that leaving entails...
BUT....for starters I am doing MUCH better! Thank you for your prayers...I battled a little during the weekend, but am pretty much back at 100% with a little cough left...your prayers have been answered! :)
Secondly my time in Northern Ireland was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING....we got in about 3 am on Friday morning, slept for a little bit and were out and about later on! For those of you who don't know, I have a lot of family in Northern Ireland and I got to meet all of them in 2005 when my family was there...and so I went back with my 5 girlfriends, and we stayed with my cousin Martin and his wife Bronagh and their most precious 7 month old Callum...they rented a house by the beach in Portstewart, Northern Ireland for the weekend!!!! It was fabulous...cold as ever, but just fabulous! They took us all over, we drove along the coast, we hiked, we ate some great food...everything was amazing, we even had really nice weather, sunshine and all included...it rained at night, but that was okay because we were sleeping and then it was beautiful in the morning! The strange thing was that the sun sets at 4 pm, so that messed up how tired we were in the afternoons, its funny how tied we are to the sun! I got to see most of my family there...it is all on my mom's side, both her mom and dad, so that was super fun! I felt so loved and special being able to see all of them, I got to talk to my grandparents...it was amazing.
Sunday we spent the day in Belfast and got to soak in that part of it...then we were back in the Dublin airport by 1 am...spent the night there (although i couldn't sleep all night!) and flew back to Madrid, landed around 10:30, bussed back to Valladolid, and were pretty tired when we got back...but it was an absolutely fabulous trip! (i hope you enjoy the pictures!)
AND...today Brandon's parents flew into Madrid, and are here in Valladolid until Thurs morning...they are here on business, but decided to add Valladolid to their trip and come and see me!!!! I am so blessed! It is so fun to have them here and be able to show them all my life here...I miss Brandon a lot...but its fun to have them here! I am so blessed and loved.... :)

Other than that--things are good...lots of studies ahead of me...but life is good, and I LOVE SPAIN! :) thank you for your prayers and support! I look forward to hearing from you!
Enjoy the Christmas spirit, the joy, the peace...the fact that Christ was born so that He could die to save you..pretty amazing to grasp!
Much love to each of you!!!!!

Belfast by night...

The beautiful coast...

The beautiful countryside...

Me on the Carrik-A-Rede rope bridge...it is very high but so fun!


Me and Tiffany...

All the girls in Belfast...

Me and Dalia enjoying our hot chocolate at the International Festival in Belfast.

Me and Callum...so precious.

Enjoying our beach walk in Portstewart

Bronagh and I at Glenariff...hiking around.

The girls...they're all so amazing.

My grandpa's side of the family!

My grandma's side of the family...(for the most part)


My grandma's sisters...Aunt Wilma (left to right), Aunt Lavina, and Aunt Mary

Uncle Huston (grandpa's brother) and his wife Aunt Silvia

Me at Giant's Causeway!

Bronagh, Callum, Me and Martin

Me and Martin...my mom's first cousin!

0 comments: